Thursday, April 25, 2019

Springtime In Wash Park



The temperature reached 75 degrees here in Denver this past Friday, and I biked to the Lower Downtown (LoDo) neighborhood and back to take advantage of the great weather. My route - as usual - took me through Denver's Washington Park both coming and going, and I snapped the photograph above on my way back to my condo.  I have to admit I often take for granted living where I do, and don't fully appreciate how lucky.  And contrary to previous reports, people are still moving here in record numbers, despite the rising cost of living in this city.  As someone recently explained to me, many companies are moving their operations here, and bringing along their high-paid employees, who can afford Denver's ever increasing rents and home prices.  Good news for the economy, bad news for locals who don't own their own homes. Obviously, living in paradise is not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment