Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter!







Today is Easter Sunday, and therefore I am featuring several photographs taken at our home in the south side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago back on Easter Sunday in 1957, when I was a young and very charming 4 year old.  The photo on the left is of my father Nelson and mother Mary taking a break from cooking that Easter dinner. My sister Susan remembers how my father Nelson would get up early on Easter and hide chocolate Easter eggs, which we would all look for later in the morning.  Both our dog Irma and my father would usually be the big winners in this contest, especially since my father was the one who hid these eggs in the first place.







My mother just loved that house in Brainerd, and hated leaving it even to go on vacation.  The photograph on the right shows her setting the dinner table that long ago Easter Sunday.  You can just see in that photograph how much pride she took in our home. For all of you with families that can still get together for these special holidays, I truly hope you have a wonderful time. Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment