Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Watching Soccer With the Colorado Hotspurs



My friend Mark (seen in the photograph above) and I went to Esters Neighborhood Pub this past Sunday morning to watch a soccer match between the Tottenham Hotspurs and Liverpool.  The game started at a fairly reasonably hour (9:30 A.M. Denver time)  and so we had no problem meeting up with the local Tottenham fan club.  They are a friendly group, very welcoming to everyone (unless you root for the opposing team, of course), and I am always amazed at how many people show up to watch these games. The remaining contests will be starting at 5:30 A.M. here in Colorado, and I must confess that I have no intention of showing up at that hour to watch a soccer game, or for that matter a baseball game, either.  And by the way, Liverpool won 2 to 1, a crushing blow to the fans at Esters.  Cheer up, guys - it's just a soccer game, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment