Saturday, April 20, 2019

The Lower Highlands



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I visited the River North neighborhood this past Tuesday, and Wednesday decided to walk around the Lower Highlands neighborhood (LoHi). This is one of Denver's oldest neighborhoods, just across the Platte River from downtown Denver, and was once a mostly Hispanic neighborhood.  It is now the most trendy area in the city, and new apartment complexes and condos are going up all over the place.  Unlike the River North neighborhood, it was always a residential neighborhood, and therefore has many beautiful Victorian homes.  As long as I had the time, I decided to visit Avanti, a very popular food hall, and found it was still hopping even in the middle of the afternoon. The last time I was there, I paid $7.00 for a single beer, and am still suffering from that shock. The view from the rooftop is great, but not that great, thank you very much. At least for non-hipsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment