Wednesday, April 17, 2019

More About Golden



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, my friend Stuart and I spent part of Sunday afternoon in Golden, Colorado, hiking a few trails and afterwards having dinner and beers, including at the beer garden at the Golden City Brewery (Golden's second largest brewery).  As I have said before, Golden is a really nice old town, and was Colorado's first state capitol, until some shifty politicians got it moved to Denver. Since the legislature in Golden met above a bar (now called the Capitol Grill), I would think that would have been a much more handy location for them, but what do I know about politics?  One thing we did notice was a shop in the downtown area called Spinster Sisters.  Is that politically correct?  It is definitely something to investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment