Friday, April 5, 2019

Happy Opening Day!



Today is Opening Day, the day the Colorado Rockies play their first baseball game of the season at Coors Field here in Denver.  I intend to head downtown this afternoon to enjoy the party atmosphere outside the park, but since I refuse to pay $120 for a seat that will cost $20 tomorrow, won't attend the game. The Chicago White Sox, my south side heros, postponed their game yesterday, and will have Opening Day today, too.   In honor of that, I am featuring the above photograph of, from left to right, legendary Chicago White Sox player Shoeless Joe Jackson, former team owner Bill Veeck, and Chicago White Sox television broadcaster Harry Caray, posing in front of the Comiskey Park scoreboard (I took the photos of the scoreboard and Harry back in 1980, by the way).  The north side Chicago Cubs (who have started the year 1 and 5 - not a good sign) will have their Opening Day Monday. Enjoy the season everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment