Thursday, December 19, 2019

Burgers And Beers With Stuart At BJ's



I had burgers and beers with my friend Stuart (seen in the above photograph) last night at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse in beautiful, exotic Lakewood, Colorado (where Jack Kerouc once owned a house, until he suddenly realized it was in Lakewood).  BJ's, a chain based out of Huntington Beach, California, opened it's first location in Colorado on Boulder's Pearl Street Mall, and I remember dining there several times with family and friends. Eventually, it moved to a larger space on the east side of town, and later expanded to Fort Collins, Aurora, various other locations in Colorado, and just last month, Lakewood.  The food was excellent, and the service very good, and so I am hesitant to make any criticisms, but will anyway.  For one thing, the beer is pretty pricey (the cheapest in-house brew was $6.50), and I am not convinced I was getting a full pint, either, since it didn't look like it, and unlike other restaurants, the size of the beers was not listed on the menu.  Plus, we overhead another server say that there was no happy hour, although I found out later that there is indeed a happy hour, but only in the bar area. But no matter - now we know, and next time we will certainly belly up to the bar for our food and happy hour drinks.  If ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment