Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Is Just One Week Away!





Hard to believe, but Christmas is just one week from today.  In other words, it is almost time to start your Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or other holiday shopping pretty damn soon.  I myself am a firm believer in waiting until the last minute to buy gifts.  For one thing, you are much more motivated to get it done if you have only a few days left.  And more importantly, you can delay your credit card bills coming due until February.  Talk about win-win.  In any case, the photograph on the left is the one I put on my Christmas cards this year.  From left to right are my brother-in-law George, sister Susan, and mother Mary in a photo taken in Susan and George's Fort Collins, Colorado condo back around the year 2000 or so. The photo of my father Nelson (holding our dog Irma) was taken around Christmas of 1964, and along with a recent photograph of me, was photo-shopped into this family masterpiece.  Sadly, only my sister Susan and I are left, but we will always have these happy holiday memories.  And why do I send these family oriented cards out? The main reason, of course, is to wish friends and relatives a very Merry Christmas, along with a very subtle underlying message, which is: "Yes. I am still here. And yes, I am still crazy. And I have all of your addresses." That is just the kind of sentimental fool I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment