Friday, December 20, 2019

The Christmas Tree Is Up At Last!








I put up my Christmas tree the other night for only the second time in 10 years.  As everyone knows, I am the embodiment of Christmas cheer, outdoing even old Fezziwig of Charles Dickens fame, but since I stopped hosting Christmas dinner from 2009 until last year, I decided to skip putting up the tree during that time.  I had bought it many years ago in a wild moment of Christmas cheer.  It was not all that expensive, as I recall, and not that fancy.  But still, it looks very pretty at night, and after Epiphany, on January 6th, I am always reluctant to take it down.  And not just because it is a damn hassle to do so. And by the way, keep in mind that I am the embodiment of Christmas cheer, and so I can say curmudgeonly things like that whenever I want.  I have that in writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment