Friday, December 13, 2019

Christmas Nostalgia



Lately I have been contemplating going into my storage locker, getting the artificial Christmas tree and boxes of lights and ornaments, and beginning the task of putting it up.  Last year was the first time I have done that in many years, and since I am having guests over again this Christmas Day, thought it might nice to give the place a little holiday cheer.  And then next week, I will have to help put up my sister Susan's tree at her townhouse in Fort Collins. Having at some point turned into a curmudgeon, I look upon these tasks as chores, but years ago I used to love having a Christmas tree, and would cheerfully sit by it for hours, all lite up in the dark (the tree - not me). As proof of this, I present the photograph above of me in our home in the south side Brainerd of Chicago, back when I truly did have the Christmas spirit.  And yes, that is indeed a plastic slip cover on the chair.  I wonder why that quaint custom ever went out of style?

No comments:

Post a Comment