Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Sunday Morning With Mark And The Tottenham Fan Club






My friend Mark (seen in the photograph on the left) and I went over to Esters - a local pizza place here in south central Denver - Sunday morning to watch a soccer match between Tottenham and Chelsea with the Colorado Spurs, the local Tottenham fan club.  We were a little late getting there, and by the time we arrived, the room where the fan club sat was packed. Mark and I were forced to sit in the main bar area with the rest of the overflow crowd.  Both Tottenham and Chelsea are London teams, and fierce rivals, which I imagine is why it was so crowded.  Sadly, Tottenham lost to Chelsea 2-0. Afterwards, we talked to Prudence, the president of the club, and she mentioned that the next meet up would be at 5:30 A.M. and be a much more intimate gathering, perhaps just 20 or 30 people crowding around the bar.  I imagine many of them will probably be sleeping around the bar, too.  Count me out for that one - you're on your own, Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment