Sunday, December 8, 2019

Watching Leeds Play Huddersfield With Mark







I watched Leeds United play Huddersfield with my friend Mark (seen in the photograph on the left, wearing his Leeds soccer shirt) yesterday afternoon.  The game started at 7:00 A.M. Denver time, but fortunately, Mark was able to record it so that we could watch it at a more reasonable hour. Leeds won the game 2 to nil, as the Brits say, and finds itself solidly in first place. Mark has a lot of friends in Leeds, many of them avid soccer fans, and so he, and they, are all excited about the team's chances this year.  However, I get the feeling that Leeds is kind of like soccer's version of the Chicago Cubs  - the old Cubs, anyway - and still have half the season to blow it all. I'm just giving you a reality check, guys.  And by the way, until yesterday I had never heard of Huddersfield, located 14 miles southwest of Leeds.  But thanks to an internet search, I did learn what Huddersfield is famous for:  rugby, and being the birthplace of film star James Mason.  Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment