Monday, December 9, 2019

Denver's Parade Of Lights



I took the light rail train down to the 16th Street Mall Saturday night to take a few photographs at Denver's annual Parade of Lights.  Unlike most years, the evening was rather mild, and the train was standing room only, filled with parents and their children, as well as various hipsters and senior citizens, such as myself. When I arrived downtown, the crowd along the parade route was pretty thick, and so I had the choice of either bullying my way to the front of the line or taking photos from the back.  I choose the latter option - I feel it is unseemly to get into brawls at a Christmas parade.  Just call me a sentimental fool. And, I might add, the place where I took the above photograph was next to the entrance of a 7-Eleven convenience store, where I was pushed and bumped into more times than ever before in my lifetime.  Not only did that make me surly, it made me want to buy shares in 7-Eleven stock.  My God, how many people can fit into that small space at the same time?  I might be a curmudgeon, but I know a money maker when I see one.  Happy holidays, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment