Saturday, December 7, 2019

Lunching With Peter At The Goods



I had lunch yesterday afternoon with Peter - my former Tattered Cover office mate - at The Goods, the restaurant located just next door to that East Colfax Avenue Denver bookstore.  The Goods advertises their hamburger as the best in the entire world, and I decided to order it based on that claim.  I have asked them several times what organization actually designated that burger as the world's best, but have not been able to get a straight answer.  Although I now live in Denver, I originally came from the south side of Chicago, and  I still believe that the White Castle cheeseburger actually holds that title (just make sure you order five or six of them to properly fill up). And as you can see, I am still using an old photograph of Peter that I took a few years back.  He refuses to let me take his photo any more.  I suspect Peter has entered the witness protection program  for some unknown reason. Amazingly enough, a great many people I know refuse to have their photographs put on this blog because they are also in the witness protection program.  They wouldn't lie to me, would they?  Certainly not!

No comments:

Post a Comment