Monday, December 2, 2019

High Tea At The Brown







I stopped in at the Brown Palace Hotel - one of Denver's oldest and fanciest - Saturday afternoon, and saw that the place was filled with people having high tea in the center atrium, as seen in the photo on the right.  They always decorate very nicely at the Brown during the holidays, and everyone there seemed to be in high spirits, soaking up the atmosphere.  This is the same atrium lobby where they have the Champagne Cascade, where 6,000 champagne glasses are stacked into a pyramid and filled (you have to buy a pricey ticket to take part, and so I have never attended the event), and also where every January the grand champion steer from the National Western Stock Show is invited to high tea.  That event I have also never attended, but certainly would like to.  I am not sure how they pull that one off, but it would certainly be fascinating to watch.  I would think having a huge championship steer sitting at your table would be awkward, but hey,  I'm just a kid from the south side of Chicago, where we didn't have to deal with issues like that.  At least very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment