Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Ice Skating In Skyline Park



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went down to Denver's 16th Street Mall Saturday night to take a few photographs of the Parade of Lights, and as I was fleeing the roughly 500,000 parade goers watching it, I discovered that some people were actually ice skating at the Skyline Park Ice Rink, instead of attending that parade. They mostly had the place to themselves, since getting downtown that night was a nightmare.  I myself have never been an ice skater, since it is a sport that by necessity takes place when it is cold as hell outside.  And I sure don't want to take it up now, since I would almost immediately break my leg, and my health provider would shoot me (I have Kaiser, an HMO, and they keep costs low using innovative techniques).  Best staying warm and alive has always been my motto.


No comments:

Post a Comment