Saturday, December 28, 2019

Rick Steves Now Has Calendars!



In a rare bit of luck, this past Thursday I found a copy of Rick Steves' Picture A Day Wall Calendar on sale for half price at Barnes and Noble. Up until now, I didn't even know Rick Steves produced a calendar, most likely because I only buy calendars after Christmas, when they go on sale and the supply is limited.  I also found out that Rick has a Rick Steves' Page-A-Day Desk Calendar, too. Yesterday, as soon as I found this out, I went back to Barnes and Noble to see if they also had the desk calendar, and they did!  The last one, as a matter of fact, and also half price.  It's a Christmas miracle! Rick is my travel hero, even though Doug, my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore colleague, calls him "the Lawrence Welk of travel," and I don't think he means that as a compliment.  I do have to admit that the two times I have seen Rick in person, the audience was mostly my age or older, but who cares?  I used to watch his travel program on PBS, but since it is now on only in the afternoon here in Denver, I go online to his web site and watch the shows there.  If you haven't tried this yet, be sure to check it out at https://www.ricksteves.com/watch-read-listen/video/tv-show.  And if you want one of those Rick Steves calendars, they are available for half price on his website, too. As Rick says, see you in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment