Monday, December 16, 2019

The December Mutt Of The Month








I passed this month's mutt of the month sitting in the front yard of a house I passed on one of my walks along Old South Pearl Street here in Denver.  It appears to be an old dog, just enjoying being outside during a mild spell of weather.  In other words, a fellow senior citizen.





When I got to Washington Park, it seemed to me that everybody there was walking a dog, often more than one.  It is almost as if there is a Denver city ordinance requiring everyone to own at least one, and preferably more than one, dog.  This is in contrast to Stuart, Florida, where virtually every condo complex in the area bans dogs from their premises.  Why is that? What makes Florida so pet unfriendly? Why deny people - especially the elderly - from having a dog or cat or possibly even a kangroo as a companion?  Beats the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment