Thursday, August 20, 2020

A Denver Zoo Redux Part II









As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo yesterday afternoon to take a few animal photographs. However, since my reservation was in the afternoon, I knew in advance that I would not be seeing the twin lion cubs, since they go back into the lion house fairly early.  However, I did get to photograph Joona, the baby rhino, as seen in the photo on the left. And as you can see, Joona was quite willing to look me in the eye and have it's portrait taken. Of course, even I have to admit that twin lion cubs are a lot cuter than baby rhinos. Sorry about that, guy. What can I tell you? Life is unfair.







I was also able to take a photo of Kylo, the new baby zebra. However, although it is only a little over three months old, it seems to be growing up quite fast (after only one month, it already weighed 124 pounds). It has also quickly gotten into the typical zebra routine - eating and pooping. In fact, while I was taking photographs, I noticed that Kylo was doing both at the same time. I know he is young, but I hope his parents let him know that this is not okay. Even at the Denver Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment