Friday, August 28, 2020

Hanging Out In Boulder




As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I drove up to Boulder Wednesday afternoon to walk around Chautauqua Park, which I think is one of the nicest parks in Colorado. Afterwards, I walked down 9th Street to the Pearl Street Mall, which is the heart of Boulder's downtown. I was happy to see that the Trident, a bookstore and cafe on West Pearl Street, seen in the photo on the left, was open and doing a good business. This place has been around ever since I moved to Colorado, and is always packed (though I assume properly socially distancing). A few doors down there used to be a mystery bookstore, where I attended quite a few author signings, but sadly, like a lot of bookstores, it is long gone. Glad to see that the Trident, as well as the Boulder Bookstore just down the street, have survived.





Another place that seems to be doing well, even on a Wednesday afternoon, is the Bohemian Biergarten, located just off the Pearl Street Mall. I have never tried this place before, but it is definitely on my list. Boulder is surrounded by a greenbelt, which isolates it from the rest of the metro area, and has resulted in Boulder being a very expensive place to live. And thanks to it's progressive politics, Boulder is famously know as "25 square miles surrounded by reality." I don't care. It is still a fun spot to spend a day, even if you can't afford to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment