Friday, August 7, 2020

A Stroll Through University Park









I took a walk through Denver's University Park neighborhood one evening last week. This is the neighborhood just to the east of the University of Denver campus, and dates from when the university moved to the area back in 1892. Most of the houses used to look like the one in the photograph on the left, but as I walked toward Robert H. McWilliams Park, the southern boundary of the area,  I was surprised to see that the vast majority of older homes had been torn down and replaced by McMansions, the bane of the modern urban landscape.








The people who live in this neighborhood are a whimsical bunch, as evidenced by the lawn ornament I photographed on the right. Of course, as far as I know, that ornament might be some sort of symbol for a satanic cult, and being so close to the University of Denver, I would not be a bit surprised by that.  On the other hand, I have always suspected people living in McMansions might be satanists. Who else would tear down perfectly good houses to put up such edifices?






And when I actually got to the park, I felt my suspicions were confirmed when I discovered a large group of mainly senior citizens performing what very well might be a satanic ritual. Of course, perhaps they were just practicing kung fu, learning some self-defense techniques in case they are confronted by roaming gangs of rich people, of which there are many around this area. So many mysteries, so few explanations.

No comments:

Post a Comment