Friday, August 14, 2020

Susan In Florence



I took the above photograph of my sister Susan at a cafe on Piazza San Marco, close to the bed and breakfast we stayed at when we visited Florence last year. The building that bed and breakfast is housed in, as well as the entire neighborhood, dates from the 1400s, which I find just absolutely amazing. Piazza San Marco, by the way, is a transportation hub, which makes your hotel easy to find if you are using public transportation and don't speak the language. It had been quite a few years since my last trip to Europe, and so I was amazed at how many more tourists there are in Europe now, in what I thought was shoulder season. After a full day touring Florence, not to mention other European cities, a glass of wine, or in my case, a few pints of beer, is a definite necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment