Saturday, August 8, 2020

Burgers And Beers With Wally At Spanky's



I had burgers and beers with my friend Wally yesterday afternoon at Spanky's, a local bistro just to the west of the University of Denver campus. We both like the ambiance, and also the fact that happy hour is dirt cheap there. Wally is doing well, and as seen in the photograph above, is taking all necessary precautions against Covid-19. Wally's wife Linda is spending a couple of weeks at Cape Cod, and so he is "batching it," taking care of the pets and getting a lot of work done in his woodworking shop. Wally and I, as regular blog readers know, were co-workers at the University of Denver Bookstore before the university outsourced it to Follett Higher Education Group. And for those of you who read yesterday's blog, I was NOT subtlety suggesting that Follett is some kind of satanic cult, although I'm not saying it isn't, either. Good to get together with you again, Wally!

No comments:

Post a Comment