Tuesday, August 18, 2020

When The Music's Over



I just finished reading When the Music's Over, an Inspector Banks mystery by Peter Robinson. These mysteries take place in West Yorkshire, and are actually quite good. This particular story involves two cases - the first, a cold case in which a woman accuses a famous, now retired British television star of raping her when she was 14; the second, another 14 year old girl who was gang raped, thrown out of a van, and then murdered by someone else while walking down the road afterwards.  The story is quite a page-turner, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys police procedurals, British or otherwise. And I must say, in the past, whenever I thought of Yorkshire, I would think of James Herriot and All Creatures Great and Small. Reading this series, I have to wonder just how violent Yorkshire really is. Pretty scary, especially after hearing about all those killer cows in the area, too, if travel writer and humorist Bill Bryson is to be believed. And would he ever lie?

No comments:

Post a Comment