Saturday, April 28, 2018

A Baseball Update



The Chicago Cubs came to town last weekend to play the Colorado Rockies in a three game series.  My friends Stuart, Mark, and I had tickets to the Friday night game, but the weather was so cold and rainy we decided to skip the game.  The Cubs wound up winning that contest 16 to 4, so we didn't exactly miss a baseball classic.  Saturday night the weather was not so hot, either, but at least the Rockies won that contest. Sunday afternoon I decided to go for a walk downtown, and as I approached Coors Field the crowds were just letting out.  The Cubs fans seemed particularly happy, and one was singing the Cubs theme song ("Hey Chicago what do you say, the Cubs are going to win today"), and so I had a good idea who won.  I couldn't help but notice that Cubs paraphernalia greatly outnumbered Rockies attire, which is not a surprise.  There are so many ex-Chicagoans here, I often refer to Denver as the far, far western suburbs. And for all those inquiring minds, both the Cubs and Rockies are three games above .500 (not bad), while my Chicago White Sox are languishing at 7 and 16.  I mentioned how the White Sox were doing to my sister Susan, who along with her husband George were once rabid White Sox fans, and her response was: "And you are surprised why?"  Good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment