Sunday, April 15, 2018

The Baby Orangutan Makes It's Debut!



The new baby orangutan made it's debut at the Denver Zoo yesterday, and since I had all my hours in at the local Denver bookstore where I work, I decided to head over to the zoo (just on the other side of City Park from the store) and see if I could get a few photos.  It was pretty damn cold yesterday, with an extremely strong, cold wind, and so there weren't many other visitors.  I practically had the place to myself.  However, it was still hard to get a decent photograph, since the orangutan cage is so dark, and the mother has the baby cradled in her arms 24/7.  The official zoo photographer gets to take more or less posed photographs in a lighted room, whereas they give zoo visitors no such consideration, and so the above photograph is the best I could do.  Is it time to break down and buy a new camera that takes good photos in low light conditions for $2,300?  I think not.  I'll take the inferior shot above any day over going to that extreme.  The photo does show the baby, after all, which I was not able to see with my naked eye when I took the shot, which is not too bad a thing.  Thanks Photoshop!

No comments:

Post a Comment