Sunday, April 8, 2018

Exploring The Congress Park Neighborhood



This past Friday, my boss at the local Denver bookstore where I work asked me if I would walk over to the local post office down the street to mail out an envelope.  I thought she meant the post office just off East Colfax here in Denver, but actually she meant a post office located in a small grocery in a nearby neighborhood business district.  I did indeed walk there, and recognized that I had been there before, getting together with my fellow ex-University of Denver employees at Shells and Sauce, as seen in the photograph above.  The owner of he grocery store also took care of the post office, and when I mentioned where I worked, was effusive in his praise for the store.  He said he lived just down the street, and went to the store often.  As I walked back to the store, I passed a young woman who actually said hello to me.  It was like I was back home in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood where I grew up.  I suddenly realized that these neighborhoods do indeed still exist, this one just 3 or 4 blocks where I work. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment