Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Monkey On My Back



When I first took a black and white photography class at the University of Denver, I decided to go the Denver Zoo for one of my first projects.  As I recall, it was an uncrowded day in the spring, and I walked into the Primate Panorama Forest Aviary, expecting to see birds, and wound up face to face with the monkey in the photograph above.  He or she was running free in that enclosed compound, and was very curious, getting as close to me as possible.  All I had to do was snap the shutter to get a great photograph. My photography professor was very impressed, especially with the emotion seen in that creature.  On the bright side, I got a great photograph.  On the other hand, I have never been able to duplicate the emotion in that photograph.  But I keep trying, which why I still have that monkey on my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment