Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Unanswerable Questions From Colorado Rockies Opening Weekend



As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to Charlie Blackmon Bobblehead Day this past Sunday at Coors Field here in Denver to get one of those soon to be valuable sports memorabilia items.  I calculate that it will be worth a fortune in 50 years, even though I know I will probably be toast in 30.  No matter - maybe I can make a deal early (with a collector, not the devil).  In any case, I arrived at the game pretty early to make sure I got that Bobblehead, and had to kill almost two hours waiting for the game to start.  I wound up taking photographs of things I found pretty curious, as seen in the above collage.  Going clockwise from the upper left, I took a photo of Trevor Story striking out in the Colorado Rockies 4 to 0 loss to the Atlanta Braves, and wondered if this team is really as bad as it looked this past Sunday afternoon.  Next, I also noticed a van parked in the Rockies private parking lot, and realized that Dinger the mascot has his own vehicle.  I personally have never seen him driving around town, but if I did see a dinosaur driving a van around Denver, I would report it to the police immediately.  I also noticed that there were a bunch of cowboys on the field before the game dragging a donkey around behind them.  If this was for luck, it sure the hell didn't work. Sunday.  Finally (from left to right in the final photo), Eric Young and Walt Weiss, with the Rockies several years ago as hitting coach and manager, respectively, are now coaches with the Atlanta Braves, which also has a number of former Colorado players on the roster.  What is the deal with that?  Do the Braves know something we don't?  In any case, this proves only one thing: don't get to the baseball park too earlier - it will make you think too much, and that is never good.

No comments:

Post a Comment