Monday, April 2, 2018

Springtime In The Rockies





After very little snowfall for most of the winter, Denver saw a few snowstorms last week, all of which took place on the evenings I was driving back and forth between Denver and Fort Collins. There is nothing much to see on that drive anyway, so why not be blinded by the blowing snow?  In any case, the day after these storms, it is usually bright and sunny, such as the morning I took the photograph on the left while driving past the Denver Botanical gardens on my way to work.




When I got to the parking garage next door to the bookstore where I work,  I took the photograph on the right of East High School and The Esplanade, which leads to Denver's City Park. Although it is hellish to drive across the plains when it is snowing, I have to admit it is truly a pretty view the next morning. Fortunately, this week it will be mostly in the upper 60s, and today will reach 72 degrees.  And will we see snow again this spring?  Count on it - that is springtime in the Rockies, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment