Monday, April 9, 2018

Charlie Blackmon Bobblehead Day!



I went to my first Colorado Rockies game of the season yesterday, which was Charlie Blackmon Bobblehead Day.  I arrived one and a half hours before game time to make sure I got one, and was not surprised to see that everyone else had the same idea.  I wound up parking on the other side of downtown,and had to walk a bit to get to the stadium.  On the way I couldn't help but notice that a number of people were walking back from the stadium with Charlie Blackmon Bobbleheads in hand, choosing to skip the game entirely.  Talk about fair weather fans.  But, in fairness, I am convinced that this bobblehead will be worth a fortune in 50 years.  On the other hand, I am calculating that I will live only another 30 years at most.  What is wrong with this picture?

In any case, I did indeed pick up my Bobblehead, and then had to kill time until game time. Just for fun, I decided to walk up to where my Rockpile seat was located and take a photograph of the view from there, along with the soon to be valuable bobblehead (as seen in the photo on the right).  I had no intention of sitting there - I was planning to stand behind home plate to watch the game - although the wind was so cold that I had to move to the outfield, where the sun was shining and it felt much warmer.  But I have to ask -  would YOU pay $110 to sit in the seat with this view, just because it was Opening Day?  Especially when it was 27 degrees outside at game time?  And no, I cannot let it go.  What a ripoff.  And by the way, the Colorado Rockies lost to the Atlanta Braves 4 to 0.  Looks like another long season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment