Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Game Goes On!





Opening Day at Coors Field went on as planned, although the start was delayed for an hour due to snow. However, even once the precipitation stopped, it was still damn cold  -  27 degrees at game time, not to mention the wind chill, which was pretty viscous.  In any case, I left work at 5:00 and headed straight downtown to experience the Opening Day atmosphere.  As I approached the stadium, fans were streaming out of the park, and I thought the game was over.  Not true!  It was still the 8th inning, and the Rockies were down 8 to 3 to Atlanta.  It was time to say to hell with it, and head someplace warmer.





And where was that?  The nearby bars, naturally, except that there was a long line to get in there, too.  And so hundreds of fans gave up watching the game in the cold at Coors Field to stand in line in the cold to get into the more popular bars in Denver's LoDo neighborhood.  Can't beat fun at the old ballpark.  After walking around for about 20 minutes, I had as much fun as I thought I could survive, and decided to head back to my car and home.  And let me tell you, I am damn glad I did not take the day off from work and pay $110 dollars (or even much more) for this experience.  I get enough misery as it is without paying for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment