Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Bishop's Pawn



I just finished an advanced reading copy of The Bishop's Pawn, Steve Berry's new Cotton Malone adventure novel.  Malone is a Copenhagen bookseller and retired Justice Department spy, who always seems to be called back to help out his old agency.  This time Malone reminisces about his first case as an agent, which involves the recovery of files that imply Martin Luther King's assassination was a government conspiracy.  It is an exciting story, and takes place in various locales throughout Florida, including none other that Stuart, Florida, where the condo my sister Susan and I inherited from our parents in located. Berry was very complimentary to Stuart in the story, and it made me a little homesick for the old homestead. I would head down there for a long weekend if I didn't think our renters would not be crazy about me showing up with my suitcase.  In any case, the book just came out in March and is definitely worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment