Friday, April 6, 2018

The Home Opener



Today is Opening Day at Coors Field here in Denver, and for the first time since the Colorado Rockies began playing baseball, I am not attending the game.  First of all, the Rockies organization is charging $110 for Rockpile seats, the worst seats in the house.  Talk about greed.  I am not about to pay that kind of money for a single game.  I recently paid $115 for a year's subscription to MLB.com, and can now watch every baseball game played this year (with the exception of the Colorado Rockies) on my laptop.  Time to go back to my South Side Chicago roots and start watching the Chicago White Sox again. Of course, now that the weather forecast is for snow and temperatures around 27 degrees today, tickets on Stubhub have dropped to $50.  These days, however, they would have to pay ME $50 to attend a game in that kind of weather.  My personal hope is that the Rockies have to postpone the game, and are forced to give refunds on those exorbitantly priced tickets. Divine justice.  I can dream, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment