Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The Golden Triangle Neighborhood



It was a very cold and rainy afternoon this past Saturday afternoon when I went to the Denver Art Museum, as seen in the above diptych, and as I walked back to my car, I had to ask myself several questions.  For one thing, why did the City of Denver opt for the design of the Denver Public Library as seen in the above photo on the left?  It is supposed to reflect the various historical aspects of the state, including its mining heritage, and it might just do this, but it is ugly.  And secondly, why is there a photograph of a woman's torso, clad in a bikini, tied up in ropes, on the wall of a building, as seen in the photograph on the right?  I have asked this question before, but it is still a good one.  The photograph is located on the wall of an upscale resale shop across the street from the Denver Art Museum (the DAM).  Is this enough of a reason? Sometimes I think Denver has as many nuts as California, but in fact, there are so many Californians living here now, how could that not happen?  I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment