Monday, June 20, 2016

Catching A Soccer Game With Mark


I brought over a pizza to my friend Mark's place Saturday afternoon and we watched the Belgium - Republic of Ireland soccer match (part of the Euro 2016 soccer tournament), played in Bordeaux, France.  It was a rebroadcast of the game, which took place at 7:00 A.M. Denver time.  I draw the line at watching anything other than coffee percolate at 7:00 A.M., and so we watched the rebroadcast instead of the live event. I took the above photograph of Mark after the game, and can't help but notice that instead of a soccer shirt, he was wearing a Brevard County Manatees tee shirt.  The Brevard County Manatees are part of the Florida State League, a Single A baseball league in Florida.  Rooting for Brevard County means that Mark and I are rivals, since I root for the Jupiter Hammerheads and Palm Beach Cardinals, who are both in the same league.  I'll see you at the Florida State League championship game, Mark.  And by the way, Belgium won the soccer match 3 to 0.

No comments:

Post a Comment