Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Let There Be Light!


I noticed the other night that the Denver City and County Building was all lite up, and stopped to take the above photograph. It was unusual, because the building is usually lite up like this only during the holidays.  I assume (but am not sure) that the light show was in honor of Pride Fest, which took place across the street the previous weekend.  I think the lights look pretty nice, although some people (including my ex-wife) think it's kind of tacky.  But I like tacky, too.  So there.  In any case, the City and County Building is where you go if you are called for jury duty, and like clockwork they seem to send me a summons every year. However, the only time I actually served on a jury was when I first got out of college, back in Chicago.  It was a vote fraud case, and since vote fraud in Chicago is not considered a crime (at least then), 11 out of 12 of us wanted to acquit.  We could not convince the holdout to change his mind, and so were sequestered for the night at the Holiday Inn of Skid Row, on Chicago's West Madison Street  The next morning, the holdout came to his senses, and I have been dodging jury duty ever since.  So far so good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment