Thursday, June 2, 2016

Time For A Florida Kind Of Weekend





It is time once again to head back to Stuart, Florida for a long weekend, so I can check out my sister and my condo down there, which has been in the family since 1976. Our tenant's 6 month lease ran out May 1st, and so I will need to clean the place up, do some minor repairs, and get it ready for next season. Of course, June is the monsoon season down in Florida, so if it rains every day, I will not be surprised. On the bright side, that will keep me focused on the job at hand and not tempted to spend all day at the beach or on the golf course - nose to the grindstone and all that.  And I would certainly not be bitter - at least not too bitter - if that happens.  On second thought,  I would be bitter. Really bitter.  In any case, the photograph on the left was taken of me back in the 1970s at Circle Bay, the condominium complex right next door to our condo.  I am always amazed to see that I have not aged at all since that photograph was taken. I definitely need to take a look at that painting of me in the closet.  Talk about something really hideous.

No comments:

Post a Comment