Monday, June 6, 2016

Stuart Florida Nightlife


Saturday night I took a break from my labors at our Stuart, Florida condo and went over to the Jolly Sailor Pub, which is an outdoor bar attached to a high end restaurant called Sailor's Return, and is part of the Sunset Bay Marina complex.  The place was packed, there was a band playing, and people were dancing, having dinner, and watching the sun set over the St. Lucie River.  All up and down the waterfront walkway people were out strolling, enjoying the mild weather before the summer heat cranks up.  It seems to me there are a lot more young people here than when my parents moved here in 1976, but then again I am a lot older, and almost everybody looks young to me now.  In any case, I took the above photograph of the guitar player at the Jolly Sailor, with the old Roosevelt Bridge in the background.  It is the last drawbridge in town, and is used mainly as a back way into town and for fishing. Once all the bridges here were drawbridges, but the big increase in population caused such big traffic backups that they were all replaced.  Very sad - the end of an era.

No comments:

Post a Comment