Sunday, June 19, 2016

Happy Father's Day!


Today is Father's Day, and in honor of this special day I am featuring a photograph of my father Nelson and myself taken back in the 1950s.  This must have been taken mid-summer, since I am wearing my wadding pool outfit.  We had a small wadding pool in the backyard of our house in Brainerd, on the South Side of Chicago, that I could play in when it got hot.  And since Denver, the entire Southwest, and who knows where else is suffering through a major heat wave, I have a tip for getting cool.  During the summer, when I was otherwise preoccupied, my mother used to put on her bathing suit, sit in the wadding pool, and have a beer to cool off.  What an excellent idea!  Maybe I'll put one out on the balcony this year, since our homeowner's association wants to take away the condo's swimming pool.  That'll show 'em.  Happy Father's Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment