Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Storm Warning



June is probably the rainiest month in Florida, and so I know I was taking a chance traveling down to Stuart this past weekend.  But I was pleasantly surprised to find that the weather was nice and sunny both Friday and Saturday.  However, Sunday was mostly overcast.  I went to Stuart Beach  and to the House of Refuge Sunday afternoon and found both places deserted, but with a nice breeze off the ocean.  Looking out over the Indian River (see photo at left) it definitely looked like a storm was moving in.




I walked across the street to the House of Refuge and took the photograph on the right of a storm-tossed sea, and then moved on to Stuart beach for a while. When I started to feel a few raindrops I headed home.  On the local television news that night they predicted that Tropical Storm Colin was on its way and there would be heavy rain and winds Monday, the day I was heading back to Denver. Fortunately the rains held off until I reached the Orlando airport Monday afternoon.  Luck of the Irish.

No comments:

Post a Comment