Sunday, June 26, 2016

In Motion At The DAM




As I was walking into the Denver Art Museum Friday night for their Final Friday event  I noticed a crowd gathered in front of an artist discussing her work, titled In Motion.  However,, I wanted to get inside the museum right away, so I could hit the free buffet table immediately (one must not sacrifice eating for art) and so I missed her talk.  From her body language it looked like she didn't have many answers anyway (See photo on left).






I later found out that the piece was weaved by fiber artists Katie Fowler and Tamara Leberer, and as I was leaving I saw that you can actually walk through it - hence the title In Motion, I assume.  I did just that, and it was kind of fun.  It is an interactive form of art, which I have always loved, ever since that rocking horse I had as a child.   I wonder what ever happened to that rocking horse, anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment