Friday, December 2, 2016

Burgers, Beer, & Politics At Old Chicago


I got together with my friend Stuart at the Old Chicago on South Colorado Boulevard here in Denver for burgers, beers, and a healthy dose of political talk last night.  As expected, Stuart is still stunned by the surprising victory of Donald Trump, and worried about what the future will bring.  As for me, nothing is a surprise, and I am expecting nothing less than 4 years of politics as usual.  A few scandals, another major recession / depression, and I suspect a Democrat will be in the Oval Office in 4 years.  The problem, of course, is getting through the next 4 years.  With only one year until filing for social security, I am of course very sensitive to the stability of that particular program.  My recurring nightmare is Donald Trump saying that people who depend on social security are losers, and unilaterally disbanding the program.  But that can't happen, right?  Right?  Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment