Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Zoo In December




This past Sunday I spent part of the morning at the Denver Zoo.  It was a very pleasant fall day - temperatures were in the mid-50s - with just enough chill in the air that the animals wanted to stay in the warmth of the sunshine. In other words, perfect conditions for animal portraits.  Plus, most of animals actually seemed to want to pose for the camera, as opposed to some people I shall not name, like my sister Susan.









As Simon and Garfunkel once sang, it was all happening at the Denver Zoo Sunday morning.  However, the temperature is predicted to dip below zero for the first time in two years in the next 24 hours, and up to five inches of snow is predicted, so I think that for at least the next week or two our animal friends will be more in the mood for hibernating  than posing. And who can blame them?  I myself am sorely tempted to go hibernate in South Florida for a while. To hell with Winter Wonderlands.  But that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment