Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas from The Spirits Of Both Christmas Past And Present.


Merry Christmas!  Feliz Navidad!  Joyuex Noel!  Happy Hanukkah!  Happy Kwanzaa!  Happy Start of Baseball Spring Training 2017 (just thought I'd throw that in there to see if you're paying attention) from the Spirits of Christmas Past and Present.  In the photograph above - in living color - are, from left to right, my brother-in-law George, Blackberry the cairn terrier, my sister Susan, Tutu the Yorkie, and me, looking my quizzical and confused self.  And - in black and white - are my mother Mary, sister Susan as a sulky teenager, me when I was at my absolute peak in life, and my father Nelson.  It was taken by I don't know who in the living room of our house in the South Side Brainerd neighborhood of Chicago back in the 1950s. A place and period that will always live on in my memory.  Happy New Year, too, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment