Thursday, December 15, 2016

The Christkindl Market


Denver's Christkindl Market is being promoted big time this year.  It is a European style Christmas market featuring handmade crafts, traditional German foods, and even a German beer garden.  I took the above photo of the market last week on my way to see Denver's Parade of Lights.   I didn't think much of it until I heard it's praises sung by the local morning radio team of Winston and Mel.  Both talked it up after a previous day's visit, but Winston was extremely enthusiastic, especially about the beer garden.  My suspicion is that he was bribed with free beer to promote the place.  And when you factor in the fact that the Christkindl Market is advertising on that same station, you have to believe the fix is in.  As for me, there is just something about going to a beer garden in the middle of winter, especially once the sun sets and the temperature drops like a rock, that is just not appealing.  Now, if they were offering free beer to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment