Friday, December 30, 2016

Valarie And Marilyn


I had dinner with my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker Valarie (seen in the above photograph with none other than Marilyn Monroe) last night at the Lakewood Grill on West Colfax Avenue, which is located just a few blocks west of Casa Bonita, featured on this Blog yesterday. The Lakewood Grill is Valarie's favorite new dive bar, and has - I must add - really good food.  All in all, I seem to be spending a lot of time on Colfax these days, working at a bookstore on it's east end and dining and taking Blog photos on it's west.  I'm not sure what that means, but I don't intend to dwell on it.  Valarie and her significant other Jake are planning to retire next year, while our friends Darrel and Linda retired last year.  I myself am planning to file for social security in January of 2018, while my friend Stuart is not adverse to retiring any time at all if it decides that is what he wants to do.  I am hoping we can all meet at McDonald's for coffee every morning once we become part of the 47% of Americans who pay no taxes and demand an entitlement (i.e. social security) from the government. We can discuss how much greater America seems to be getting each day under the Trump presidency.  Perhaps a centrally located McDonald's?  On Colfax?  We'll talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment