Saturday, December 31, 2016

Catching The Rugby Match With Mark


I had dinner and beers with my friend Mark - who as regular Blog readers know works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library) - last night at The Three Lions, "A World Football Pub," located just down the street from the bookstore where I work as a bookkeeper.  And yes, it is indeed located on East Colfax Avenue, and yes, this is the third post in a row that features a Colfax location.  Colfax Avenue - "America's longest, wickedest street," at least in the 1950s.  In any case, Mark and his family are doing well and he is enjoying a week off from work at DU.  The campus closes between Christmas and New Years Day, giving it's employees a week long holiday.  I remember those happy days.  I worked as the Finance Manager of the University of Denver Bookstore for almost 30 years before DU outsourced the bookstore and laid off all it's employees without an offer of alternative employment.  But as regular Blog readers of course know, I am still not bitter.  Never be bitter on New Year's Eve.  Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment