Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Back To The Grind




I decided to get a part-time job in the evenings for a while at a local grocery store to help with the bills - mainly the ones associated with my sister and my condo down in Stuart, Florida.  I intend to review things in a few months to see if I still need to work two jobs, especially since I am being scheduled until midnight two or three nights a week.  In any case, the grocery store is located where the University Hills Mall used to sit, where I was the manager of the Hatch's Bookstore, a long gone local Denver bookstore chain.  I took the photograph on the left at the exact spot where the store used to sit.




Hatch's Bookstore was the first place I worked in Denver, from 1981 until 1984, when I started working at the University of Denver Bookstore.  The photograph of me on the right was taken of me at the front doors of the store, and as you can plainly see, I have not aged a bit over that period of time.  I do have a sketch of myself (done by a street artist in the Montmartre section of Paris), and it is sitting in the closet.  I better take it out and see if it is growing older and more evil looking in place of me.  And my apologies to Oscar Wilde.

No comments:

Post a Comment