Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Walk Around Washington Park



I was planning to drive up to the mountains to check out the fall colors, but waited too long. There has been a lot of snow up there, and unfortunately those golden aspens are now well past their peak colors.  And so instead of driving up to Breckenridge and Boreas Pass, I decided to take a walk around Washington Park Saturday afternoon. The trees have started to change colors here in Denver, and it is an easy walk to the park from my condo.  It was a mild fall afternoon and made for a very pleasant stroll.  I took the above photographs as I made my way through the park, and made a detour to check out the shops a few blocks away on Old South Gaylord.  This street is a block long business district with a number of locally owned shops and restaurants, and holds a lot of memories.  One of my favorite places here was Hemingways, a bar and restaurant popular with the University of Denver crowd,. which was forced by the Hemingway family to change it's name.  It is the same place as before, but is now called Max's Gill and Grill.  I know it still has a South Florida motif, but I haven't been there in years.  I wonder if the Hemingway family made them take down the photographs of Papa that used to line the walls, too?  One of these days I intend to check it out and see. Meanwhile, it was back to the park and the short walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment